DALLAS, Dec. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a New Year's Eve survey by Stir.com, a website that recommends people, places and parties to 18 to 25 year olds, more than half of their members have gotten lucky on New Year's Eve, and nearly that many have woken up the next day with a UPI (unidentified party injury). Black Eyed Peas playing in Las Vegas and Lady Gaga performing in Miami topped the list of best concerts to ring in the new year.
The survey also revealed:
- While a majority of young adults surveyed have hooked up in the year's waning hours, only 15 percent have done the walk of shame the next morning
- More than half heard stories from friends about New Year's Eve that they didn't remember
- More than 40 percent sent a drunken text on New Year's Eve
- And almost 2/3 of those drunken texters regretted sending that text the night before
- Almost 40 percent woke up on New Year's Day with a UPI (unidentified party injury)
- More than 25 percent got in a fight during the New Year's Eve festivities
- 12 percent have broken up with someone on New Year's Eve
- Nearly 10 percent have rung in the new year with a celeb
- Nearly 40 percent never saw midnight - they passed out before the ball dropped
When asked to characterize New Year's Eve, the most popular answer 18-25 year olds gave was "one of the most fun nights of the year." Other top answers included "a good excuse to dress up and go out," and "full of crowds and I love it."
"New Year's Eve is the ultimate party night across the country," said Jacob Solotaroff, Stir.com's general manager. "Stir.com is the perfect site for people to find New Year's Eve parties to ring in the new decade - as well as others to go with."
The survey also revealed that nearly 60 percent of the people surveyed said they wanted to ring in the new year at the Black Eyed Peas' concert in Las Vegas while 56 percent said Lady Gaga's New Year's Eve bash in Miami is the place to be*. In fact, nearly one-third of the women polled said they would even be willing to give up a body part to attend the concert.
To see additional New Year's Eve survey findings, quotes, or to find the perfect place to party this New Year's, please visit www.stir.com.
*Multiple selections were possible for concert rankings
Stir.com is changing the way that people hang out by matching its community to events and people that fit their specific interests. The unique approach allows members to make the most out of their nightlife. While on the site, Stir members can share their photos and stories with half a million people. Stir.com is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20091228/DA30601
AP Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org
AP PhotoExpress Network: PRN3
PRN Photo Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org