DALLAS, Aug. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- With contradictory economic news coming out each day leaving Americans counting every penny, Match.com has found that there are still plenty of cities around the country where a romantic night out won't break the bank.
Pittsburgh tops this year's list with a casual dinner and two movie tickets costing $77.80. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the same date in the most expensive city on the list, Los Angeles, comes in at $126.06.
The following list uncovers the top 10 most affordable cities for dating in the United States based on research conducted by Match.com:
1. Pittsburgh - Dating is a steal in the Steel City. 2. Detroit - A night at the drive-in in the Motor City won't break the bank. 3. Sacramento, Calif. - When it comes to cheap dates this place is the capital. 4. Phoenix - The desert heat won't dry up your bank account. 5. Indianapolis - The Indy 500 isn't the only thing that gets hearts racing in Indianapolis. 6. St. Louis, Mo. - The Gateway to love doesn't have to be expensive in St. Louis. 7. Tampa - St. Petersburg, Fla. - With such cheap date prices, residents practically live like buccaneers in this Florida city. 8. Orlando - Daytona Beach, Fla. - Another reason this is the "happiest place on Earth:" romantic dates that won't deplete your checking account. 9. Houston - Everything is big in this Texas city, except the cost of dating. 10. Charlotte, N.C. - Guys in North Carolina have a lot to smile about -- Southern belles and inexpensive dates.
Extended List 11-25
11. Atlanta 12. Denver 13. Cleveland 14. Miami 15. Portland, Ore. 16. Minneapolis - St. Paul 17. Seattle 18. Philadelphia 19. Boston 20. Dallas - Fort Worth 21. Washington, D.C. 22. Chicago 23. New York 24. San Francisco 25. Los Angeles
Match.com tips for recession proof dating:
- Make a good impression-ism: Most museums offer free admission one night a week.
- Find each other's chi: Many fitness centers and yoga studios offer intro classes giving first timers the chance to find each other's chi absolutely free of charge.
- Have an Earth date: Invite your date to volunteer at a local park cleanup and contribute to the earth and your love life at the same time.
- Read between the lines - go to a bookstore: Bookstores are often hosts to authors from around the world, celebrities and sports heroes, making your local bookstore the most interesting free venue in town.
- Get your game on: One of the best ways to get the pheromones flying is with a little friendly competition, so grab a roll of quarters and hit the local arcade.
Web site: http://www.match.com/