DALLAS, June 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Match.com, one of the world's largest online dating companies, today announced the availability of an application designed specifically for the new Palm® Pre™ phone. The new Match.com App for Palm Pre will offer members access to millions of singles, making connecting with other members easier than ever.
"Every day, Match.com members send nearly 1 million emails and winks to each other," said Greg Blatt, CEO of Match.com. "With our new app for Palm Pre, we are giving our members one more way to connect on the go in the hopes of creating meaningful relationships."
Some of the features of the Match.com App for Palm Pre include the ability for users to:
- Find other Match.com members in their area via a location search that leverages the Palm Pre's location-based capabilities
- Search for, communicate with, and have access to millions of Match.com members
- Edit their profile and headline text
- Receive notification via the Palm webOS™ platform when receiving an email or wink from a Match.com member
The new Match.com application is currently available in the U.S. and can be downloaded from the beta App Catalog on the new Palm Pre. For more information about the new Match.com application for Palm Pre, visit http://www.match.com/palmpre.
Match.com pioneered online personals when it launched on the Web in 1995. After more than a decade, the company continues to lead this exciting and evolving category. Throughout its 14-year history, Match.com has helped redefine the way people meet and fall in love. With more than 100 million members since 2000, Match.com provides a rich tapestry of ethnicities, interests, goals, ambitions, quirks, looks and personalities from which to choose. Match.com operates some of the leading subscription-based online dating sites in 24 countries, in 8 languages spanning five continents. Match.com also powers online dating on MSN across Asia, Australia, the United States and Latin America and is the premier online dating provider for Terra throughout Latin America. Additionally, Match.com powers online dating personals for Love@AOL. Match.com is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
About the Palm Pre Phone
Palm® Pre™ is the first phone running the new Palm webOS™ platform, which brings together your important information from where it resides - on your phone, at your work or on the web - into one logical view.(1) Palm Synergy™, a key feature of webOS, pulls your contacts and calendars from places like Outlook, Google and Facebook, so everything is right there for you when you need it. Palm Pre also lets you flip back and forth between all the things you have open at once-instead of opening and closing them-so you can flow easily between activities without losing your place. Pre's exquisite design includes a touch screen and a physical keyboard that slides out only when needed. The new Palm Pre and webOS are designed to be so in sync with your needs that it feels like Pre is thinking ahead for you. More information about the Palm Pre phone is available at www.palm.com/Pre.
(1) Use of this device requires providing a valid e-mail address, mobile phone number, and related information for account setup and activation. Unlimited usage data plan strongly recommended; additional data charges may apply. Within wireless coverage area only. Number of applications and actual performance will vary depending on applications used and actions performed.
Palm, Pre, webOS and Synergy are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc