Match pioneered the online dating category more than 20 years ago, creating 10+ million relationships in the U.S. View the full history of Match on our Wikipedia page.
- There are more than 100MM single Americans and today, more than half of U.S. singles have tried online dating or dating apps.
- In 2017, the internet was the #1 place where singles met their last first date -- while only 14% met through friends and 6% met a date at a bar.
- More than ¾ of U.S. singles (76%) are open to dating; while only 10% are looking to date casually.
- 1 in 3 relationships now begin online; 1 in 5 new marriages are a result of an online dating site.
- Match has sites in 25 different countries, in eight different languages spanning five continents.
- Dating’s Peak Season: Match sees a 42% spike in member registrations during its peak season, December 26–February 14.
- Match’s app and desktop experiences are focused on helping members create real connections through new features including :
- Missed Connections: A location-based feature on the Match app that allows users to find people that they have crossed paths with in real life.
- Match Stories: Video feature that easily & seamlessly stitches together bursts of media (photos, video and voice) into one video that tells your story to live on your Match profile.
- Match Events: Offering nearly 200 Members-only events each month with everything from cooking classes and speed dating to happy hours and mixology classes to bring people together IRL.
- 32% are Millennials (ages 18-36), 39% are Gen X (ages 37-52) and 27% are Boomers (ages 53-72)
- 84% have attended college or have a college degree
- 44% are single parents
- The search criteria that members indicate as important but end up breaking most often? Income and “Want Kids” parameters.
- Match has led to more dates, relationships and marriages than any other app or dating site.
- #MatchMade: More than 1 million babies have been "made" by Match connections over the past 20+ years.
- View more #MatchMade success stories on our blog.