Match pioneered the online dating category over 20 years ago, creating more than 10 million relationships in the U.S. View the full history of Match on our Wikipedia page.
A historically unprecedented number of Americans have turned to the internet to find love:
- Almost 50% of singles have tried online dating (of 107 MM singles in the U.S.)
- 1 in 3 relationships begin online; 1 in 5 new marriages are a result of an online dating site
- Match sees a 42% spike in member registrations during its peak season, December 26–February 14
- 31% of U.S. singles met their last first date online, while 25% met through a friend and 6% of singles met their last first date in a bar or club.
- Match has sites in 25 different countries, in eight different languages spanning five continents
- Match is a technology company centered around creating the best user experience both online and on the go:
- New app-specific features including stream and mixer in our completely redesigned
- iPhone and Android apps
- Best-in-class open search and algorithmic matching
- New features added regularly to help members make meaningful connections
- 32% are Millennials (ages 18-36), 39% are Gen X (ages 37-52) and 27% are Boomers (ages 53-72)
- 84% have attended college or have a college degree
- 44% are single parents
- The search criteria that members indicate as important but end up breaking most often? Income and “Want Kids” parameters
- Match Events launched in May 2012
- Over four years later, Match Events hosts nearly 300 events every month in 80 markets, bringing over 400,000 attendees since its launch
- Match has led to more dates, relationships and marriages than any other app/site.
- Match is #1 in first dates and second dates.
- Match first dates have led to more second dates than any other app.
- 95% of Match members are open to a relationship with the right person.